Harvested in Spain.
Flavor Notes: Summer savory honey has quite a strange, slightly smoky taste that lingers for a long time
Texture: Liquid, almost creamy
Serving Suggestions: An original honey to put in tea. Use also with fresh goat’s milk cheese or poached figs.
100% raw honey: all our honeys are analyzed to guarantee you the highest quality and purity. We use cold extraction in the most beekeeping tradition.
Miel Factory invites you to savor its Savory honey. Originating from Spain, this creamy honey has a slightly smoky taste that will make one travel back to the sunny and arid lands of the south.
Savory is an aromatic herb that grows arround the Mediterranean. It is an extremely flavorful herb often used in the same rosemary, thyme and coriander would be. It usually grows in dry, calcareous soils.
Its flowers bloom in the summer time and the herb’s honey is typically harvested in September. Savory honey has both an amber color and a slow crystallization process. This typical honey is ideal to accompany poached figs.
Price/kg: 24,00 €
Savory honey poached figs
For 4 people
- 8 fresh figs
- 100 g of savory honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 of a glass of white wine
- Clean the figs and arrange them, tail up, in a saucepan. Coat them with the honey, white wine, cinnamon and if necessary a little water.
- Cook over high heat until the liquid boils, then proceed to lower the heat.
- After 10 minutes, turn the figs over to color them.
- 20 to 25 minutes later, remove the figs from the heat
- Reduce the juice in the saucepan over high heat until it thickens.
- Sprinkle the figs with the juice. Let the whole thing cool
- Once cooled, serve the figs with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.