Harvested in the Pyrénées Atlantiques, France
- Intensity: ●●●○○○○○○○
- Floral Notes: Also known as mountain acacia, this honey is both rare and precious because the rhododendron flowers at altitude, which is not a friendly environment for bees. It boasts very delicate floral notes and a taste with a hint of rose.
- Texture: Thick, forms fine crystals.
- Serving Suggestions: Enjoy a spoonful of this honey on its own. It’s also perfect for sweetening tea.
100% raw honey : all our honeys are analyzed to guarantee you the highest quality and purity. We use cold extraction in the most beekeeping tradition.
Miel factory invites you to savor its Rhododendron honey. Harvested in the Pyrénées Atlantiques region in France , this honey is labelled as a high mountain honey. As such, it has been collected at more than 1500 meters of altitude
Rhododendron grows in high altitude, where the forest gives way to the moor. This shrub, covered in bright green leaves, can measure up to one meter. It produces pink and sometimes even bright red flowers in the summer time. Due to abrupt mountain weather changes, the exact time of the flowers’ lifespan is pretty fluctuant.
As such, the honey is generally collected late September. Rhododendron honey has a creamy texture. Its fine granularity makes for a slow crystallization process. This honey is most appreciated for its complex aroma and finesse en bouche.
Price/kg : 41,20 €
Honey and goat cheese puff pastries
For 4 people
- 1 roll of puff pastry dough
- 4 slices of fresh goat cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Rhododendron honey
- Cut the puff pastry in 4 sections and place them on parchment paper
- Place a slice of goat cheese in the center of each piece
- Drizzle the cheese with honey and sprinkle the whole thing with thyme
- Fold the edges of the party to form small envelop shapes
- Brush the folded puff pastry with egg yolk
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden
- Serve hot with a side of green salad
- Colissimo (from 6,90 €)
Each order is carefully packed using bubble wrap and cardboard suitable for sending fragile products.
At the shopping cart stage, when you register your delivery address, a tool will allow you to know the price of your delivery according to the destination and the delivery method. The cost of delivery is a minimum of 6.90 €.
Colissimo is responsible for the delivery. The order will be shipped between 48h and 72h, Monday to Saturday. Delivery is free for orders over 45 €.
A number and a link will be sent to you when your order is shipped to track its progress.
- Shipping worldwide
Rates depend on the weight of the package and the destination.
Allow between 5 and 7 days for the delivery time.
- Click & Collect in store (free of charge)
Order your products and pick them up free of charge in our shop, the same day, at 28 rue de Sévigné, 75004 Paris.