Harvested in France, Dordogne.
Flavor Notes: A suave and woody taste, with just a hint of fruit
Serving Suggestions: Perfect for accompanying dry, “crottin” type goat’s milk cheeses, this honey is therefore highly recommended for making the perfect French goat’s milk cheese salad.
100% raw honey: all our honeys are analyzed to guarantee you the highest quality and purity. We use cold extraction in the most beekeeping tradition.
Miel Factory invites you to savor its forest honey. Harvested in the Piedmont region in Italy, this honey is dark and liquid and carries a certain air of mystery. Its aromas will transport you strong woodlands with light red fruit notes. Its complexity makes for a honey of great elegance.
Forest honey is a complex product. As bees forage on variety of flowers populating a forest such as the chestnut, the linden, the oak and a variety of different wild flowers and shrubs such as dandelions, raspberries and even brambles, the honey they will produce will be both rich and composite.
Through this honey you will discover warm woodland flavors alongside hints of caramel, liquorice and red fruits. The honey’s high honeydew concentration insures its liquid consistency and softness. This honey of character marries well with bread, granola and fresh fruit.
Price/kg : 26,40 €
Ingredients for 20 madeleines:
- 125 g melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 150 g of flour
- 1/2 packet of yeast
- 1 untreated lemon
- Preheat the oven to 7-8 (220 °C).
- Wash the lemon and finely grate the zest.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar, a pinch of salt and the honey until the mixture whitens. Slowly incorporate the flour, yeast, melted butter and lemon zest.
- Fill the madeleine molds halfwayup with the mixture in order to allow the madelaines to rise.
- Bake for 5 min at 220°C.
- Turn the thermostat down to 6-7 (200 °) back for another 5 minutes.